This pumpkin pecan waffle recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy for breakfast, brunch, or a mid-day snack. Pro tip: make them ahead of time, throw them in the freezer, and pop ’em in the toaster for a speedy grab-and-go snack.
YIELDS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 substantial eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups milk or milk substitute
- 2 1/2 cups 100% entire wheat or entire grain flour*
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Topping: chopped pecans
- Pure maple syrup and whipped cream(optional)
*Wheat flour has a slightly darker colour than conventional white flour. It consists of the entire grain which tends to make it a small extra nutrient-dense and fiber-wealthy. Double-verify the label when shopping—technically all flour comes from wheat so you want to appear for 100% entire wheat or entire grain flour.
How To Make Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
- In a substantial bowl combine all wet components: puree, eggs, melted butter, extract, milk.
- Whisk till properly combined.
- Add all dry components: spices, baking powder, and flour.
- Cook waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to manufacture guidelines.
- Serve with preferred toppings.
Nutritional Information & Macros
Macros per serving (prior to maple syrup, whipped cream, and chopped pecans):
- Calories: 449
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbs: 62.3 g